Art in CCIA
CCIA has numerous art installations throughout the airport. Including:
When the Sun Meets the Sea
Enjoy this large scale cold casting glass sculpture that hangs in the Hayden W. Head Terminal. Chinese born artist Shan Shan Sheng designed the 42-piece exhibit. The hanging panels making up the sculpture are comprised of cold cast glass in a variety of different shapes and colors. The artwork is suspended from the ceiling with stainless steel aircraft cable.
- This USS Lexington model was built and created by Robert Bray, Bob Hardavich, Paul Cosgrove, Delray Fischer, Rodney Earl, Eugene Mapes, and Luis Garcia. Mosaic artwork was created by Darren Edwards.
- The USS Lexington model represents the actual Commissioned ship in 1943, where she set more records than any other Essex Class carrier in the history of naval aviation.
- Nicknamed “The Blue Ghost”, the name is a tribute to the ship and the crew and air groups that served aboard her.
- For more info, please visit USS LEXINGTON
Military Model Airplanes
- R4D Military Transport Aircraft. This model is a replication of a cargo plane originating from the Marine Corps. Air Station "El Toro" base near Irvine, California.
- NC-12K referred to as "Connie" under a project named "Project Magnet- Paisano Dos". Also referred to as a "Super Constellation", this aircraft was believed to be used in a secret government program to track UFOs.
- Japanese Mitsubishi A6M Zero. A fighter aircraft, a single-seat, low-wing monoplane used with great effect by the Japanese during World War II.
- The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk is an American single-engine, single-seat, all-metal fighter and ground-attack aircraft that first flew in 1938.
Sister Cities Exhibit
- The Sister City Committee studies ways and means of improving relations with the Corpus Christi Sister Cities and to advise and consult with and assist the Mayor, the City Council, the City Manager and all other City agencies, boards and officials in accomplishing the purposes of the Sister City Program.
- Sister City Yokosuka, Japan Photo Exhibit- 60 years of Sister City friendship with Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan.